Community Health Improvement Plan
Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP)
Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP) is a strategic approach to community health improvement. This tool helps communities seek to achieve optimal health by identifying and using their resources wisely, taking into account their unique circumstances and needs, and forming effective partnerships for strategic action. MAPP will lead to the development and implementation of a Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP).
MAPP focuses on the creation and strengthening of the local public health system — Local public health systems are defined as all entities that contribute to the delivery of public health services within a community. This system includes all public, private, and voluntary entities, as well as individuals and informal associations.
MAPP focuses on strengthening the whole system rather than separate pieces, thus bringing together diverse interests to collaboratively determine the most effective way to conduct public health activities.
MAPP uses the 10 Essential Public Health Services to define public health activities.
The 10 Essential Public Health Services are:
1. Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
2. Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
3. Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
4. Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
5. Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
6. Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
7. Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
8. Assure a competent public health and personal health care workforce.
9. Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
10. Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.*
MAPP Implementation and Continuous Improvement Cycle
Keep In Touch
Get in Touch!
We will be more than happy to assist you if you have any questions you cannot get answered here.
Phone : (740) 349-6535 (24/7 Number to Report Public Health
Emergencies or Reportable Infectious Diseases)
Fax : (740) 349-6510
Office Location: 675 Price Rd., Newark OH 43055 Map
Hours: Mon. - Fri. 8AM-5PM (plus some evening clinic hours)